Power Rangers – Cardiatron

This fanart/redesign was made for the tribute of the Power Rangers enemies in season 1, started by Edgar Gomez (https://www.artstation.com/artist/edgargomez).

I spent about 15 hours total in the making, from modeling to post. Done in Blender, rendered in Cycles, post in Photoshop.

comparison
Comparison

The Clown

Another speed sculpt sketch I got carried away with. It was a good exercise, on the hair specially, which took a long time to set up properly.

I may come back to this later and make another render, with better lighting and higher resolution. I couldn’t decide on which one looked better, so I’ll post both color and b&w versions.

clown_byn Clown_color_correction

 

Test renders:

Blender, Cycles and Photoshop for some minor fixes and color correction.

 

 

Animated head loop

Polyhead2.gif

While experimenting with the Animation Nodes addon for Blender (and trying to understand how it works), I came up with this simple loop, and decided to make a gif out of it. Crappy quality and lots of noise because I didn’t wanted to spend a whole day rendering this…

For anyone wanting to create procedural animation and/or motion graphics in Blender, I heavily recommend this addon, doing animation with nodes is really cool 🙂

Links:

Animation Nodes thread on Blenderartists.org

Examples and tutorials

Download

Tutorials by Jimmy Gunawan

Late Halloween

I was hoping to finish this image before Halloween but didn’t had the time, so here it is a little bit late 😛

Made with Blender, rendered in Cycles and composited in Photoshop and Blender.

Blender cycles… More tests

This is yet another Blender Cycles test, I took a model already rendered and composited with Blender Internal and tried to do the same with Cycles, and it was much more easier. 😀

So here’s the first done in Blender Internal without compositing:

 

And this is the one rendered in Cycles (2000 passes), also without any compositing:

Underwater

I made this for the september competition at BlenderGuru.com. The theme is “Underwater”, so I decided to take an old model to create this. It’s done with the Blender internal renderer and a lot of help of the compositor. Only one small final color correction in Photoshop.

Underwater

Some screenshots: